Renovations From Top to Bottom
We tackled almost every corner of this 2,200 square-foot home. We removed walls, built new ones, completely redid the ceiling and the floors, added new windows, new lighting, new baseboards and casings, and even speakers throughout the house. And, we updated all the design details, like granite countertops and finishings. Here are some of the bigger highlights of the project:
- Added a second story above the garage. This additional 200 square feet is a fourth bedroom, with a vaulted ceiling and double barn doors that open to the closet.
- Developed the basement, which included built-in cabinetry, in-floor heating, adding both a fireplace and a bar, and luxury bathroom.
- Added a built-in hutch with granite countertop to the dining room, and added similar accents to the laundry room and den.
- Remodeled one side of the kitchen, which required we match the new cabinetry to the existing.
- Reconfigured the upper floor, which allowed for a Juliette balcony to overlook the great room and kitchen.
- Created two separate spaces with separate entrances for a previously attached ensuite bathroom and walk-in closet in the master bedroom.
- Increased the size of the master ensuite and made the previously hidden curved wall into a feature wall within a luxury shower. Also added a soaker tub, new cabinets, dual sinks, and marble flooring.