This basement renovation is another unbasement-like development that Malbec Homes & Renovations has done in Calgary. The large windows allow for extensive light to shine in. And the room feels spacious and open since we replaced the staircase wall with a railing. Other features we designed and built:
- A coffered ceiling that integrates the dropped ducts but permits for more height where possible.
- Speakers and pot lighting also sit within the ceiling.
- The kitchen/bar has LED lighting in and under the shelving. It also has custom-made glass and aluminum cabinet doors and a ledgestone backsplash. Plus, a dishwasher, fridge, large-scale icemaker and a Kegerator (AKA sweet beer fridge with quick access tap).
- There’s hand-scraped engineered hardwood flooring in the main area, and the media centre is all custom cabinetry.
- Underneath the stairs, the area has been prepped for a wine room. This includes a glass window, accent maple paneling and a cooling system.
- The bathroom has a 6×4-foot, fully sealed steam shower with body sprayers and a bench, along with large-format tiles and glass tile accents.
- The spare room is a home gym with a rubber floor. The clickable flooring system can be easily removed.