It’s great to have a basement development project that’s also a walkout as it gives us lots of natural light to work with and, of course, a brighter space for the residents to enjoy. Our biggest challenge was starting with a floor that was concave. So here’s what we did:
- Filled the floor with self-leveling concrete to get an even surface before installing a combination of carpet and tile.
- Created two generous living areas from one large space by installing a double-sided media wall of custom cabinetry and a fireplace.
- Custom made sliding doors that act as a feature wall yet maintain the consistent look of the five-panel shaker doors.
- Built a large bar with custom cabinetry of aluminum and glass doors.
- Added a speaker system that runs throughout the basement, along with pot lighting.
- Refurbished the bathroom with a floating vanity and LED under-lighting.